My poor baby!

>> Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Elijah woke up twice last night screaming. When I went in to get him, he was burning up! Fortunately, he was able to get back to sleep and actually slept in this morning, but he still had a fever throughout the day. At it's highest, his temperature was 102.something and he hardly wanted to eat today.

To be as hot as he was, he really was a trooper. After I FINALLY got in touch with a nurse, I went out to get some children's Motrin at the pharmacy just around the corner.

I asked a lady from my church who works in the pharmacy to help me find the medicine. As we were talking, Elijah kept pointing to me and saying "Mama". It was hilarious. As if he was defining who I was and making sure everyone knew about it. He did the same thing when we were checking out.

I kind of liked being "claimed" as we walked around! Or maybe Elijah just wanted to make it clear that he belonged to me and no one should touch him. I guess he already knows he wants his mama when he's sick.

Even when Elijah was not feeling well, he still managed to crack me up! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP